About North East Cerakote
Shane from North East Cerakote has spent the last 20 years as a metal machinist. Fabricating, modifying, and producing precision parts or repairing and maintaining industrial machines. Shane has an utmost knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties and an amazing attention to detail.
Tinkering in his garage Shane bought his first tin of Cerakote, he literally coated everything that was not bolted down and North East Cerakote was born. Now North East Cerakote is the only certified Cerakote applicator in North East Victoria. Being in Wodonga, Victoria. North East Cerakote provides a service across Victoria & NSW.
North East Cerakote will coat nearly anything you desire. We can ship your finished product Australia wide. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and providing a service at reasonable prices. Give Shane a call on 0416 969 943 at North East Cerakote, he will not let you down.
What is Cerakote?
Cerakote is a thin film ceramic coating. It is tough and attractive. Itis a composite epoxy coating made with a polymer-ceramic. After a surface is coated in Cerakote, it becomes corrosion resistant, abrasion resistant, and chemical resistant. There are many other protective properties as well. The end-result is that Cerakote can be applied to any hard surface, meaning that we regularly apply Cerakote to plastics, synthetic polymers, Hydrographics (Water Transfers) metals, and even wood. The result is a Pristine Finished Surface that looks amazing.
Benefits of Cerakote Ceramic Coating
Corrosion Resistance: Excellent rust defence for hardware hat is exposed to extreme conditions
Abrasion / Wear Resistance: Resistant to dents and scratches
Chemical Resistance: Why it’s the first-choice product for high level car parts.
Hardness: Cerakote is tough, providing you products with extra protection.
Impact Strength: Cerakote Ceramic Coating is excellent protection from being dropped or hit with direct force
Scratch Resistant: Cerakote will provide your valuable products added protection against wear and tear.
Out-Performs Other Coating Options: The first choice for gun owners.
Easy to Clean: Cerakote Ceramic Coating is easy to clean and will attract less dust or dirt than many other coatings products
Thin coating: The thinness (0.001-inch thick) of the coating makes it ideally suited to the often-tight tolerances of firearms.
Versatile: Cerakote Ceramic Coating bonds to a wide variety of physical surfaces, not just metal.
Attractive Finished Surface: The finished Cerakote surface is simply pristine.
What can be Cerakoted?
Cerakote ceramic coatings are enormously versatile, there is no end to the products that it can be applied to. Here are some of the things we commonly coat at North East Cerakote.
Cerakote Colour Range
The Cerakote colour range is enormous. Due to the fact unused Cerakote has a limited shelf life we cannot keep every colour in stock. However, we do keep a wide variety of colours available. If you have a colour in mind that we do not currently have in stock, we can order it in for you for an additional cost.
Cerakote Camouflage, Patterns & Logo’s
North East Cerakote can Cerakote any brand or business logo, pattern, camouflage or unique designs onto your item. We can freehand a custom pattern using colours of your choosing. Or you can choose a stencil such as Tiger Stripe, Flectan, Digital or Kryptec plus many more style patterns you can choose from. We can work with you to develop a unique design for anything you desire.
Any custom, camouflage or patterns that use more than one colour will generally incur an additional cost to cater for the extra work, time and materials involved. Realistically the design and possible colour combinations are limited only by your imagination.
Cerakote Application Process:
The Cerakote application process is fiddly, timely and delicate practice.
- Our first initial meeting will be to determine your colours and design.
- Your firearm is received in our shop and examined to make sure it is in safe working order.
- The product / firearm is completely disassembled. Every pin, nut, screw, and spring. We then examine each part and make notes of any problems that we see that may need to be addressed before the firearm is coated, we then contact the customer to those problems that we see so they can decide how to continue.
- All parts that will be coated are then given an acetone bath to remove all oil, grease and dirt.
- We then sand blast all the individual parts to be coated with Cerakote to give the Cerakote a clean surface to adhere to.
- Each part is then taken to the coating prep area to be hung for coating. Once all parts are hung properly, they are then examined once more before coating is applied to make sure all the parts are cleaned and prepped correctly and ready for a successful coating of Cerakote to be applied.
- The parts rack is wheeled into the Coating booth immediately after proper prep is completed to minimize the time for contamination to occur between hanging and coating. Each part is sprayed via Cerakote’s rigorous standards using equipment and technique specified by Cerakote.
- After the Cerakote coating is applied the parts are taken to our baking oven to bake out to Cerakote Standards. If there is any stencilling to be done the parts that require the stencil will be flashed out as required, removed from the oven stencils applied and the correct colour applied, then replaced into the oven for the final bake out.
- After the parts are baked out, they are removed from the oven and cooled. The parts are then inspected for proper coating thickness, look, and feel and blemish free. They are taken to our reassembly area where the firearm is then reassembled for the return to the customer.
If any of the parts is determined not to pass our quality standards, they are taken back to step 3 to start the process all over again.
If you have any questions concerning the Cerakote Application process, please feel free to give us a call or drop us an email to discuss. You can find all of our contact information here.
IMPORTANT: Please be aware any Dings, dents and heavy pitting will not be removed during the Cerakote process and will be visible in the end-product. Please keep this in mind when considering Cerakote. Surface rust, very light pitting and minor marks and scratches generally can be removed.